Thursday, March 23, 2006

Wanna Be A Television Star?

I received an email from an associate producer today. (And no, it wasn't from the producers of "The Swan." Ha ha. Real funny.)

This is what it said:

"I'm currently working with The Learning Channel casting a new television series about children with behavioral, sleeping, or eating problems. The show is a hit in Great Britain and TLC is excited to adapt it for American television. I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to post our flyer, or our contact information and the kind of people we hope to hear from.

Let me tell you a little bit about our show:

An international TV first, this exciting new format takes parenting television to a totally new dimension by fusing reality TV with observational documentary to observe families solving their behavioral problems. This is not reality TV. This is reality with a purpose. Three families will be selected with toddlers and young children, each suffering from a parenting problem. They will be invited to a residence in the UK where they will learn the skills they need to turn their lives around in just six days. The house consists of a living area, a garden with a gazebo, conservatory, deck, and playground that the families will all share. Each of the families will also have their own private suite with master bedroom, children's room, and bathroom.

Our ideal families have children between the ages of 18 months and 8 years old. We would love to hear from all families: single parents, alternative lifestyle parents, teen parents, ethnic minority parents, anyone and everyone!"

The flyer says this:


CALLING ALL STRESSED OUT

PARENTS!!!



Britain's hit parenting series is coming to the States!


TLC and Outline Productions are working

on the first American season of


"The House of Tiny Terrors"


We would like to hear from all families and
single parents with children between the ages of
18 months and 8 years old who wish to take part.
Whatever your parenting dilemmas or problems ?

we may be able to help!


If you would like some more information,

contact us at:
tinyterrors@optomenusa.com

or 646.216.4348

No commitment is needed at this stage and
all calls will be treated with strict confidence.
There you go. For what it's worth. Seriously, how can you resist reality television? I'm thinking of faking a serious problem just so I can go to the UK and lounge around in the gazebo and sleep in the master suite. I wonder if I'd have to take my kids?
No, really. I'll pass, but you? Or someone you know? Feel free to pass the love along!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's funny!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Can we NOMINATE parents who have problems? :-)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Trina said...

What problems? Me? hahaha
We are actually good here, but I would watch it.

2:30 PM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

Appears to be a good idea. But I have always understood that it took 21 days to break a habit & likewise 21 days to form a new habit. Would 6 days really be enough. I would insist on staying there for at least 21, min. But alas most of our 7 children are out of the house only 3 minors left all over the age of 8. They are teenagers. smiles & groans.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here taking inventory of my five kids and their issues. We have one *severely* picky eater. From what I've heard about British food, I can't fathom how they'd cure him in six days.

I got an email at my blog from a producer of "Wife Swap". We just laughed and laughed and laughed...

3:14 PM  
Blogger The Writer said...

Oh, goodness. I think I know people whose households would qualify.

Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog too!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

Oh my goodness! If our kids aren't tiny terrors when they go on national/global TV....when we're done with them...they WILL be!

Too funny. Reality TV...I wonder what all the unemployed actors and actresses are doing these days!

Diane

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's too late for my kids. They're 19 and 13. Perhaps Dr. Phil could help them one day? :-P

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares