Friday, March 17, 2006

Really Random Notes

I noticed surefire, telltale signs that my children are ill.

My boys: Uncharacteristic silence, stillness, lack of noise. They don't even fight.

My daughter: Remained in one outfit (her pajamas) all day. For two days, actually.

Also, if a drug company could figure out a way to mass produce a mother's lap, they'd be rich. My daughter refuses ibuprofen and acetaminophen, but sitting in my lap seemed to soothe her pain. I am Human Pain Reliever, no danger of overdosing.

Finally, during this mornings' three hour ordeal math semester assessment, I had to fight the powerful urge to hurl a grapefruit at my Reluctant Student's head. He is lucky I possess so much self-control. And that I'm terrified by the thought of a women's correctional facility.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brandie said...

I hope the kiddos are back to normal soon! And sorry abotu the rough morning!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Trina said...

Boy I think I may be living in your house just in a different dimension. We have had so much sickness since February 3rd, yes I marked the day.
I thought we were finally done and Isaiah my 13 year old ended up with fever,headache, and the dreaded earache. I too wanted to know how you do the garlic thing. I always do the olive oil but how do you add the garlic?

10:14 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Did you have to do that semester assessment for the school district, or because you're just a responsible teacher? That whole assessment thing from the state has gone just a little too lulu.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Never That Easy said...

The sick/snuggling connection is in full effect at our house too: Youngest Nephew has been climbing into my lap all week - this from an almost-6-yr old who usually thinks hugs are a form of torture.

Hope all of yours are feeling better soon!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

My kids are taking turns with the sickness right now. We're having lap issues too and in order to stop the spread, we're under the lovely house arrest so I go sort of CRAZY, which does wonders for their attitudes, I can tell you.

7:52 PM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

My goodness I sure the cootie leaves soon. It must really be wearing out its welcome.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

Oh, prisons aren't that bad....well, I guess...well, I guess if you're into other women!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares