Thursday, March 16, 2006

Untitled Due to Lack of Interest

When I woke up at 7:10 a.m., I thought perhaps I'd slept right through her crying. Or maybe she was dead. I jump to conclusions like that. (Do you, too?) She fell asleep in my arms last night at around 6:30 p.m. and roused a few times until finally, I put her to bed at 8 p.m. She woke up once at about 9 p.m. and while I fully expected her to wake up in the night, she did not.

She slept until 7:30 a.m.

But she woke up still complaining about her tummy ache. (No mention of ear pain.) I started to wonder when the last time was she'd . . . well, you know. Then I thought maybe she has a bowel obstruction and needed x-rays and surgery, stat! But, as the morning wore on, she padded upstairs to the bathroom and took care of business.

Later, she coughed once and winced, so her ear hurts a little, but not enough to wake her in the night.

I daresay we are going to live through the Great Plague of 2006.

* * *

Now, in other business . . . if you link to this blog and would like me to include your blog in my reciprocal blogroll, will you please email me or leave a comment? Thanks!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mel! I found your blog through Barbara's "MommyLife" blog & I'm really enjoying it. I've added you to my blogroll.
I'm glad that things seem to be looking up. We've been living in the "Typhoid House" ourselves for about a month now. I totally feel for you and the lack of sleep. It's got to get better....right?

6:51 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

That poor little girl! Glad she's on the path to recovery.

Suzanne

6:53 PM  
Blogger blueyedtracy said...

Mel,
Yes, I do the same thing. My 3-yr-old has a similar (same?) virus right now, and I awoke this morning relieved, then panicked because he slept thru the night. (After 5-6 nights in a row of waking up and then sleeping with me the rest of the night.) I hope you are all on the mend! Oh, and when he's sick he wakes up SUPER early in the morning, and sometimes gets to watch 'shows' in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning so I don't loose my mind. I think three nights ago you would have found us sitting on the couch watching 'Blue's Clues" at 2am.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Yes, I jump to conclusions like that.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I've been linked to you, but you haven't linked to me :-(

9:57 PM  
Blogger Melodee said...

Jennifer . . . email me your URL, please? Melodee (at) gmail (dot) com.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oy vey.

We'll have to delcare your house a disaster area and send the Red Cross in soon if this doesn't get better soon!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Goslyn said...

Glad things are getting somewhat better. I have you linked, Mel.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Hope all is well.

I've got you in my links also.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please oh please can i be linked to you and your amazing blog?!!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Melodee said...

Keeks, only if you send a URL or unblock your blogger profile! ;)

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares