Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My Faith in Humanity: Restored!

The worst part about being sick is that you are desperate for extra rest . . . and you can't sleep soundly. At least I can't. And then my daughter has turned into Miss Early Riser and why? Why must she take a bath at 6:25 a.m.?

This afternoon, an email arrived from a local friend. She chit-chatted and mentioned that she dropped off a goody bag for me at the church. My husband brought it home when he delivered my son after school. This sweet woman from church created a gift bag full of cheer-me-up things like an Oprah magazine, Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies, cough drops, scrapbooking paper and ribbons, scented soaps and more. Girly stuff. She called it her RAK--her Random Act of Kindness.

I call it a blessing.

Wow.

12 Comments:

Blogger deedee said...

Now, that's a great friend. And what a good idea.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

What a thoughtful gesture.
Hope you and your family are back to good health quickly.

Suzanne

5:26 AM  
Blogger Goslyn said...

Whoo hoo! How completely wonderful. Hope the RAK lifts your spirits and chases that stinking flu bug away!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Awesome! What a nice thing for her to think of doing.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when stuff like that happens. Yay for YOU! :D

Wren

8:06 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

A sweet gesture from a friend can really lift one's spirits! Hope you're feeling better,
Sue

8:38 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

I can never sleep either. I even take the Nyquil... nope I'm up two hours later.

All I can say to your sweet church member is: "Nice RAK!"

I hope you are back to being the you that you want to be very soon. And I am really happy that a church member was the one to do this wonderful kindness for you, giving you new hope in those near you.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. I'd call it a blessing, too! It's taking all that is in me to not say, "Wow, you really RAKd up!" That would be too cheesy, though, so I'll refrain.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

I like her style!!! That is SO what you needed!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

Gotta love the little things.
feel better

2:42 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

That is nice.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Trina said...

What a great idea!! I never know what to put in care packages. I just wing it, but those are wonderful ideas. We take our good health for granted so many times.I hope you feel better soon.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares