Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ten Ways I Annoy My Husband (Without Really Trying)

1) I have purchased exactly one plunger, which may or may not be located near the toilet currently overflowing. (We have three toilets, one plunger, a 3:1 ratio, obviously not efficient.)

2) I leave wads of crumpled used tissues on my bedside table. What can I say? I have allergies.

3) At least once a month, eager for an evening snack, he pours cereal in a bowl, opens the fridge and finds . . . no milk. This is highly disappointing to him.

4) I leave shoes out, under the dresser, near the bed, wherever. I can't be bothered.

5) I insist on doing things My Way (aka The Right Way), things like loading the dishwasher and packing correctly for trips.

6) I turn down corners of the magazines he leaves in the bathroom so I can pick up where I left off.

7) Clutter.

8) I mock his heritage by using an improbably bad Southern accent.

9) I talk to him during "important" portions of shows he's trying to watch.

10) I don't get out of bed when the alarm rings. I'm a three-hits-to-the-snooze-button kind of girl.

14 Comments:

Blogger Ben and Juanita said...

When I pour a bowl of cereal and find no milk...disappointed would be putting it mildly. Fortunately, I eat cereal rarely and never in the morning...only as a bedtime snack.
As for the rest of your list, I suppose if I were to make a list, it would look similar so I can't sympathize too much.

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh....#9 would be on D's list of petpeeves. He now so kindly yells out "dialogue" during his shows. Ha! Like that works for me, it's evening, I still haven't used up all my words for the day!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Ah - I'm so # 2,3,4,5,9 and 10!

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got your blog from my sisters. I love how you write!! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that has problems with toilet plunger problems!! After my husband yelling for 7 years I have finally equipped both bathrooms with all supplies to help in a emergency!!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Mitchelina said...

My list would be much longer.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New reader here with a Total light bulb moment here, it never ever occured to me you could BUY more than one plunger for a house!!!! I admit to #'s 2, 3, and 10. (age 44, 3 kids - 19 yrs, 15 yrs and 2 yrs) I will SO be back, you rock.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel, you are my long-lost sister, I think. EVERY one of those things could be on my list, except the mock southern accent. I annoy my Hubs with my REAL southern accent.

11:11 AM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

So what you are saying is that you are a normal wife! Yes; way to go!

12:23 PM  
Blogger dinodoc said...

I have to admit, #9 would be a deal breaker.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Lei said...

Lol, wow my husband must REALLY be annoyed with me, then!

Oh well ;)

Fun blog!

2:48 PM  
Blogger deedee said...

I am guilty of #1,2,4,5,7,8(not the same accent) 9 & 10. and countless other annoying things I do

3:07 PM  
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

My wife once vaccuumed during the Packers-Vikings game. The next day I retaliated by relating a very long, boring story, complete with sound effects, during American Idol (or whatever it is she was watching). We get along well.

Good list, fun blog!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Okay, you would annoy me too...

But I have to admit that I am just like you in 1,6,7. 10 would get you a whap on the arm to get out of bed (see 5). So maybe we are really kindred spirits after all.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No milk and the snooze button!!! Oh my, that is me!!!! I thought I was the only one! I don't feel so alone now. :)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares