Friday, February 24, 2006

Get Out the Disinfectant!

Warning: Don't read this if you have a queasy stomach or a big bowl of split-pea soup by your keyboard.

I cancelled school today. I met baby boy's mom at the door at lunch and asked her to please not bring him back after lunch. I did two emergency loads of laundry. I lolled around in my pajamas, startling my daughter by jumping up and darting to the bathroom every ten minutes for, oh, about six hours.

And that's really all you need to know about that. Except that, just as I was putting dishes in the dishwasher, thinking I felt a bit better (at 4:30 p.m.), my poor curly-headed daughter did three things:

1) Whined that her stomach hurt;
2) Coughed;
3) Vomited all over the couch cushion, leaving herself in a puddle of puke.

Tomorrow morning is my son's 8th birthday party at an arcade/laser tag place. He's having a 2-in-1 party with his best friend who has the exact same birthday. My husband will have to go while I stay home with the ill child. I figure soon my husband will be clutching his stomach, felled by the same virus.

You might want to disinfect your keyboard now, lest you get what I had.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Oh, ach!

Getting out both my Lysol and my Clorox Bleach wipes....

10:08 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

This sounds exactly like the Norwalk virus... we had it not too long ago, ourselves. Unbelievably nasty, fast-moving, highly contagious. I'm betting that the baby will get it within a day or two, because it sometimes takes just half a day to incubate. Thankfully it usually doesn't last more than 1-3 days.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

What a difference one week can make.

I hope you are ALL feeling better soon!

4:19 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Ewwffth - Hope you are all feeling better soon!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares