Thursday, February 16, 2006

Girl Gone Wild!


While I sat here at my desk, my daughter crawled beneath it on a hunting expedition. She pulled up a plastic dolly she usually plays with in the bath, a Barbie from McDonald's, a perfectly sharpened Ticonderoga pencil (the only brand worth buying), a piece of a wooden zucchini from the velcro set, a plastic hairbrush, my NIV Bible, a calendar, an old photograph, foil wrappers from Hershey's kisses (how'd that get there?) and more. I really had no idea a hidden treasure trove existed under there.

My daughter started using the phrase "okey-dokey" yesterday. When I ask her or tell her something now, she sings, "Okey-dokey!" sometimes adding the rhyming "pokey" or "smokey." I've been using this phrase with my kids for years and years and years and this is the first time anyone has caught on and played along.

Finally, I just remembered something from a few hours ago. My kids received Valentine cards from their out-of-town relatives. I had the boys immediately write thank-you notes because otherwise, it would never get done. I had my 3-year old daughter draw a picture of herself on her card. She scrawled a circle, added some eyes, eyeballs, legs, arms, a mess of hair and then finally, a "vul-va."

I hope her grandparents don't ask what "that" is. I'm not sure they've ever used that word out loud.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Oh, I hope they DO ask...it sounds like fun...;) You would have some fabulous material for a blog entry then, wouldn't you....

7:29 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

ROFL!! She SO did not do that!?!? LOL! I love it.

7:35 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Haha!!

You totally need to give her crap about that one in blackmail-worthy situations when she's 12 or 13. Save it up though, don't let it lose its power too soon.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

That is too cute!

I found you from Mrs. Darling's. Do you use K12? I do - love it.

Enjoyed your blog - I'll be back!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Krisco said...

Hilarious!

Good for you she's uninhibited; a good sign at three!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I am thoroughly impressed with her artistic integrity.

10:59 PM  
Blogger tab said...

too cute (I think). Then again she could have drawn what is actually a perfectly innocent picture that looks extremely vulgar like my oldest did when he was in kindergarten----say a stick person with a sword at its waist.

Let's just say, all the adults I happen to show it to all sucked in their breath, eyes really big and they looked like they were getting weak at the knees that is until kid in question proudly told them all about his picture. Needless to say we showed him some really cool ways to "embelish" his sword(let's add a handle, belt, etc--something to ensure that others saw it as a sword). I think I still have one of those pictures around here somewhere (the one before the embelishments)

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The three-year-old in my boyfriend's family drew a picture of her mother. It mostly consisted of a circle for her head, sticks for arms and legs. Then she added what she described, when asked, as "Your 'gina!".

Kids.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

That is a great picture.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares