Monday, March 27, 2006

MISSING: Maternal Brain Cells and More

ALERT!
Have you seen this shoe?
  • Appearance: Reebok, black, right shoe, baseball cleat, dusty, no laces.
  • Missing since: Fall 2005
  • Size: 3.5

    This black Reebok baseball cleat was last seen in the vicinity of the family room and the Nintendo GameCube. Owner's mother offers a reward of $5.00. Foul play not suspected.

.............................................................................

Recovered earlier today in a frantic pre-P.E. search:

Brand new baseball glove owned by 12-year old son; located in underwear/socks drawer.

Brand new softball, necessary for P.E. at the YMCA; located under children's desk, nestled in a nest of cat fur and dust.

It's that time of year . . . when the seasons change and I suddenly have no idea where necessary accoutrement hides. I used to be the kind of person who could locate any item--no matter how obscure or tiny--in a matter of minutes. I had a brain that retained minute bits of information, little diagrams of the interiors of drawers and cupboards. I could remember.

Now, I am lucky to find my slippers. Oh, that's right. They're on my feet.

On my 8-year old's feet? Yeah, red Chuck Taylors. He may not have any traction, but he sure will be stylin'.

7 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Ah yes, mommy brain......I've got one of those too. Think we can get an upgrade? Nah, me neither.

6:00 PM  
Blogger MissKris said...

Hmmmm...how old are you??? LOL! Once I hit 40 my brain's been gradually going off to LaLa Land on a disturblingly more regular basis, haha! Too much stuff to keep track of anymore and caring less and less where it's all gone. But I can still find my way out of bed in the morning and then find my way back again at nite...at the rate things have been happening in my life lately, that's pretty amazing in itself. Oh, and while you're searching around your house, maybe my missing favorite tweezers have found their way there?? They've been AWOL for more months than I can remember and I KNOW I left them on a shelf in the bathroom one morning. Sigh.

6:47 PM  
Blogger red fish said...

If you find your brain, let me know. Mine might be close by.

There is nothing more stylin' than Chuck Taylors!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I must have zero sense of style. I wouldn't know a Chuck Taylor if it kicked me in the face!

Suzanne

8:27 PM  
Blogger methatiam said...

Get a dog. That way, anything that?s missing can be blamed on the dog chewing it up, and you can go on with your life and not have to worry about were things are.

If the dog DIDN?T chew it up, and it gets found later, you?re that much farther ahead.

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a kid they were called Converse All Stars. Anybody who was ANYBODY had two pair, in different colors and they were worn mix-matched with contrasting socks--yeah, HOT!

And oh, the forgetting, along those same lines, how and why is it that some object, toy, tool, whatever can be out in plain sight for days, weeks nay, even months and it's not until it's thrown, given or put away that someone asks the inevitable question, mom, where is my (fill in the blank)?

I can usually keep up with my stuff pretty well, it's everybody elses stuff that gets me in trouble.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Trina said...

Oh my goodness. We have had the same LOST posters up at our house.

You know there is a chemical that is lacking in the brain after having a baby for awhile that keeps moms from thinking clearly. Since Roman is only 4 months, thats what I am going with. Yah, thats my story and Im sticking to it!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares