Friday, October 28, 2005

Top Ten Ways to Drive Me Crazy

10) Crunch Pringles potato chips loudly where I can hear you.

9) Ask me pointless questions while I'm driving a car full of children.

8) Telephone me at the precise moment I sit down to feed a starving baby her bottle.

7) Heap your wet towel on the floor.

6) Take off your shoes and leave them in a walkway. Any walkway will do, but preferably in the middle of the kitchen.

5) Turn up the television extra-loud. Leave it on when you leave the room.

4) Drink all the milk but a tablespoon and put the jug back in the refrigerator.

3) Use the last of the ice and do not fill the tray to make replacement ice.

2) Argue over nothing.

1) Pee on the toilet seat right before I sit down on it.

[Edited to say . . . this list is inspired by my children, specifically my boys, not my husband. He is only responsible for telephoning me at the exact wrong moment.]

9 Comments:

Blogger Chewy Mom said...

Okay, I'm with you on most of those, but ESPECIALLY number one! Having four boys, and the only downstairs bathroom as mine, I often have to make a "no peeing downstairs" rule, just so I can maintain a dry bottom. Uggh!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Did you have a bad day...or is this a general list?

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is sounding like a husband vent. Can I add to the list: "Leaving small coins in numerous piles around the house so baby can shove it in her mouth" and "Unable to use the same glass twice, dirtying at least twenty every day"?

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have any small kids at home.. but my husband could probably check each one of these :-). It is especially annoying when he leaves his big shoes in the walkway.. just outside the closet (where they are supposed to go). I am forever tripping over footwear.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Dear God, it sounds like you might be married to my Ex.

;-)

10:29 AM  
Blogger red fish said...

That reminds me of something that happened back when my brother-in-law was staying with us. I poured myself a glass of milk from the bottom of the milk jug. It made me miss my dad who always insisted that we leave at least a tablespoon in the bottom of the jug for his morninig coffee. That day I left a tablespoon in the jug because I missed my dad, although he lived on the east coast, and we were in the southwest. My brother-in-law later commented that he was grateful to whoever left a little milk in the jug for his coffee. When I explained why I had left the milk, he and I laughed. (My husband and I don't drink coffee.)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Sis said...

You've read my mind.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Don't even get me started. After living with 5 sons, I especially get the pee on the toilet seat. I only enter their bathroom under duress and then only with fear and trembling. It doesn't seem to get better as they get older either. At least in my case.

And the arguing, the shoes in the hallway, and mine don't bother to leave a tablespoon of milk in the jug. I think they must think it is a magic refrigerator that refills milk jugs automatically.

Oh my goodness, do I relate. When people say "FIVE BOYS?", I just say, "Well, its never boring?"

Jan

11:43 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Sounds like a fun place to live. Can I come over and play?

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares