Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Quick Post While I Can

I spent untold hours yesterday installing, removing, tweaking, downloading, and almost (but not quite) cursing. (Okay. Maybe one little "dammit!")

The computer is running so far this morning, but it did give me the old "your computer has recovered from a serious issue," as if that's news to me.

I'm sorry my map doesn't recognize Tokyo as a "valid" city. I'll email the guys who created it--it's still in the Beta stage, so maybe they haven't gotten to that hemisphere yet. Or something.

For those who are curious, I already run AVG anti-virus software, as well as X-Cleaner, Zone Alarm, SpyBot and SpySweeper. And I never click on suspicious things. But despite my precautions, something's happened. When I used the "Restore CD," my Windows XP reverted to the older version. I am unable to install the newest updates (including the Service Pack 2)--the computer shuts down midway during the installation.

We do have another computer. The boys have a computer, which is identical to mine, only with sticky keys and an unfortunate location (their room). It shows no signs of illness.

My company arrives late tomorrow night, so today I am thinking about deep cleaning the bathrooms. And mopping the boys' room. I don't want to do too much too far in advance or daily living with children will undo it.

On a positive note, this is the first time I've ever had computer trouble. On a negative note, if my dad were here, he could fix this in a jiffy, but alas, he took his computer knowledge to his early grave.

3 Comments:

Blogger Saramnou said...

This post reminded me of a siggy I once saw " A clean house is a sign of a broken computer"
Glad you weren't down for long.

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should try PestPatrol. its a really good program. I use it and my computer is percfectly healthy. If you want it I can send it to you.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your computer needs some rest. Perhaps you have used it for most of the time that it has already a depleted energy. Giving it a day off will be nice. As what you have said, your computer only experienced thr problems now.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares