Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Things I've Done

I've been a daughter for forty years.
I've been an older sister for thirty-nine years.
I've been a wife for eighteen years.
I've been a mother of boys for twelve years.
I've been living in this house for seven years.
I've the mother of a girl for three years.
I've been a blogger for two years.

I babysat.
I worked on a goat farm.
I picked and planted strawberries (my first "real job" when I was twelve.)
I worked at the "Nutt Hutt," a natural food store.
I folded soft tacos and fried mexi-fries at Taco Time.
I typed college papers for money.
I worked in the cafeteria.
I was a nanny.
I worked for Heritage USA as a children's ministries worker and then as a youth ministries intern.
I was a childcare worker at a health club.
I worked as a legal secretary.
I was the office manager/secretary for a social service organization that served widowed people.
I worked for Blue Cross in the customer service department.
I had a home daycare.
I transcribed legal documents.
I have been paid to write a time or two.

But I have no idea what I'm going to make for dinner, even though I assured myself at the grocery store on Saturday that I had a plan for each day this week. It's 4:00 p.m. Do you know where what your dinner is?

4 Comments:

Blogger whispers said...

Oh yeah, its a discussion we have almost every night. "Is there anything you would like for dinner?", "Do you have any ideas for food tonight?". Sometimes we end up with a can of soup, other times it's a forage through the pantry and find something that works together, and sometimes its just peanut butter toast.

When the kids were home, it was much easier, we had to have food, and they had lots of ideas. But just the two of us....who has the energy to think. We have resorted to making a list of possible options, and even then we are mostly too tired to even cook!

(nice resume btw)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I had a hotdog with goulden's mustard.

I hate hotdogs.

It was quick. I was in a hurry.

(i DID cook breakfast, and went out for lunch and am presently eating a bag of popcorn.)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

McDonald's was my savior tonight. Icky, eh?

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just make a weekly menu. I magnet mine to the fridge. I shop by referring to it. It doesn't take but five minutes, and then you don't have to wonder what's for dinner for a week!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares