Monday, October 10, 2005

A Small Grumpy Message

Last night, my computer began to spontaneously turn itself off. Over and over again. I was prepared for it to spontaneously combust, but it did not.

[This morning, my recalcitrant machine informed me, "The error was likely caused by an unrecoverable system hardware error. These errors are general in nature and can be caused by problems (such as overheating) with one or more of the following computer components:

Random Access Memory (RAM)
System board
Central Processing Unit (CPU)
Power Supply


I doubt it. It's probably just the avian flu and fifteen million of us will die by nightfall.]

Then, after retiring to bed at 11:30 p.m., I watched Ebert & Roeper and finally snapped off the light at midnight. I was mysteriously wide awake (worried about my dreadfully ill computer, sure) and nine minutes later, my 3-year old daughter who never wakes in the night, woke up crying.

Let's just say it was a long night, featuring a whimpering child coughing in my face and hogging my bed. I gave her ibuprofen at 2:00 a.m. and then we slept until 7:00 a.m. She's been talkative and cheerful all day. Me? Not so much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you're computer shouldn't be allowed to play with chickens anymore. Since we're presently in Asia I have sworn off all chicken, dead or alive. Just like Bon Jovi.

My best wishes to your computer.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I have a bad track record with computers.

Presently I just borrow my son's. The university he attends keeps it well mmaintained.

Virtually 'mom' proof.

Gee, I guess I am actually a computer parasite. I don't have a computer of my own, and I use the wireless from a coffee shop across the street from me.

I have views about people like me.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares