Friday, October 21, 2005

An Open Letter

Dear One,

When you came into my life, suddenly, everything expanded. My constricted, tiny, slow-motion world turned into a blur, a whizzing magic show, full of wonder and lights. What joy I felt in those early days! You rescued me from the doldrums, from plodding along in weary monotony.

As the days passed--really, as the months screamed by in a flash, I spent more and more time with you. We grew so comfortable together, didn't we? You and me; we made such a great pair. I depended on you. I counted on you. I even trusted my financial records to you. I thought you felt the same about me.

I'd spill my guts to you, often late into the night. I looked forward to our time together, learning new things, sharing information, dreaming of places we might visit. And you let me down. You utterly betrayed me.

I just can't believe how suddenly you dumped me. In the past, at least I had some warning. But you? You just up and quit! How dare you! I was in the middle of a riveting spiel about something or another (I can't remember exactly what, but I'm sure it was dazzling) and your deafening silence cut me off in mid-sentence. I am still stunned at your callousness.

I never expected it. Oh, I know, I should have. I've heard others moan about that kind of unreliability, but I never thought you had it in you. I believed you were different. My vulnerable faith has been crushed.

I thought I was doing everything right. I was really careful. I didn't wander afar, nor did I let my eyes stray. I didn't speak to just anyone, nor did I share things I ought not. You and I--weren't we guarded enough? Didn't we put up a strong enough fence around us? How did this gulf open between us?

Now, I just don't feel safe. I don't want to begin a tale for fear you will cut me off. I am wary of disclosing any information, personal or not. I'm even scared to go places I used to go. Who is watching? Who caused this devastation? Was it me? Was it you? Was it someone plotting against us? This turn of events baffles me.

I was true to you, too. Even after the first time. But now, you should know that I've begun to think of another . . . another computer, that is. I'm thinking of replacing you with a laptop.

So there. Take that. I'm taking my lightening-fast fingers and moving on.

(Okay. One more chance. But that's it. I mean it.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Smoov said...

Dude....get a Dell.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my hubby says get an apple. (not the fruit)
Nice post!
-Sofie

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever you do, don't get a Dell. I worked one day for Dell customer service, and it's unwritten policy for the CSRs to transfer people off into oblivion or even just disconnect calls if the issue is complicated or might increase the call times. Also, we were encouraged to lie to customers. This is why I only lasted a day. The bottom line is their bottom line, and they couldn't care less about the actual customer. All the large corporations suffer from that to some extent, but if you want a machine that's more reliable so you won't *have* to deal with tech/customer issues on a regular basis, get a Mac.

-IlluManu

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kick it to the curb and bring home a Mac!! you'll be very happy!!

3:35 PM  
Blogger whispers said...

I will weigh in on the Mac side too. No virus problems, simple to use, and lasts forever! I have been on a Mac since 1990 and wouldnt trade for even the fanciest PC!

Cute post:)

4:17 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

I say go for the lap top!!!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

If you're not inclined toward Mac-dom, may I recommend a Toshiba Satellite laptop? I purchased one back in January or February, and I have been delighted with it. I can take it with me anywhere I go, and there are so many wi-fi hotspots now, I can blog from just about anywhere too.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Manateechik said...

ANONYMOUS!

I call Dell customer service the DEVIL! I am having the worst experience IN THE WORLD with them. Grrrr. Never EVER EVER get a Dell.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares