Monday, October 24, 2005

Jump Rope? Or Not?

The object? A blue jump rope.

The boys cut off the handles and tied it into lasso. They swing it around in the backyard and throw it high into the trees. I have no idea what purpose this serves. Who can fathom the reasoning in a boy's mind?

My daughter found this mangled jump rope. She knew exactly what to do with it. She put the loop around her neck and with one dainty hand, picked up the other end and voila! It was a stethescope.

I murmured to my husband, "Look at her. She's pretending to be a doctor!"

My husband, aka Mr. Safety, looked horrified and said with alarm, "I don't like that at all! It's very dangerous!"

To think a simple jump rope can be so many things to so many people. Lasso, stethescope, noose. Not once has anyone actually jumped rope with it.

(For those of you wondering: Our weekend with a houseguest went very well. I never did get the floor mopped, much to my utter shame, but the world did not come to an end because of my dismal housekeeping skills.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The world never comes to an end due to lack of housecleaning. :)

Feith

7:13 AM  
Blogger Cuppa said...

A sticky spot on the floor or a dust bunny in the corner help make people feel right at home.
As long as the sheets are clean and the towels fresh, the other rumples in the house from day to day living just don't matter to an overnight guest. Makes them feel like family! That's pretty good in my books.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

My husband would paint it black and glue it where the wall meets the ceiling. I've a garage full of spray painted rope to prove it.

Fun with Rope. I see a book title on your horizon...

8:36 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

Sounds like something that my boys would do!

10:01 AM  
Blogger tab said...

well my dh doesn't like the top button snapped on baby girl's clothing for fear of strangulation.

I've lowered my standards to an all-new low. Clean laundry and dishes. The rest is just gravy.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares