Sunday, November 20, 2005

"Regrets - I've Had a Few" Meme

I've been tagged by Sallyrogers at Picture Fool. I never do these things, but for Sallyrogers, anything.

Instructions:

1) Call the meme "Regrets - I've Had A Few"
2) Always refer (and link back) to the blogger who tagged you
3) Always tag (and link to) at least two new bloggers
4) List as many regrets as you like, but list a minimum of one (even if you have to re-interpret the term 'regret' because you feel strongly that you don't have any)
5) Include these five rules in each post as the meme instructions.


All right then.

I regret not attending a secular college and earning a "real" degree when I had the chance.
I regret not having enough confidence in my intelligence to apply to Ivy League schools.
I regret that it didn't occur to me that serving God could mean more than just going to Bible College and entering "the ministry."
I regret selling that house we used to own.
I regret not going to nursing school before we had children.
I regret selling our townhouse in Portland.
I regret asking my sister to photograph my last homebirth .
I regret taking an Amtrak train from Houston to Orlando last summer.
I regret putting my twins into public school.
I regret not flossing every day.
I regret using our Chevy Blazer to pull a U-Haul trailer to New Haven, Connecticut because we had to replace the head gasket as a result.
I regret not buying two gallons of milk the last time I was at the grocery store.
I regret staying up so late last night.
I regret leaving the carseat in the driveway where a cat peed on it.
I regret not going to the ocean last summer.
I regret not taking more photographs.
I regret burning my childhood diaries.
I regret selling my piano.
I regret all the times I've cut off my hair.
I regret sending back those letters to their original writer without making photocopies first.
I regret not picking up the toys last night because now they are scattered.

Now. I'm supposed to tag two of you . . . but go ahead and tag yourself if you want to play along. Let me know if you do play, and I'll put a link to your blog here.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dora said...

Like the new look :)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

You know, as far as regrets go, I think you have a decent list of them. Or, maybe I should word that differently. I guess I'm trying to say that what you regret is not that bad, so that's good. You know, you could regret running over that man the other day and driving off....that kinda thing! Yours are much more, ummm, legal!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Goslyn said...

Wow, what a redesign!

Regrets, now that's a dangerous post for me to follow ...

6:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Great meme, Mel. I enjoyed it. I might have to tag myself with that one if I get the time this week!

I linked from your meme over to your post about your sister and the childbirth pictures. What a powerful and well-written post. I always find it ironic how so many of us end up with family members that we would we NEVER ever choose for ourselves if we had the choice.

Have a great week!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Love the new look! Thanks for picking up the meme. Your list is excellent. Seeing the reference to your Amtrak trip of last summer really cracked me up!

I'll add to mine a ditto of one of yours: I regret all the times I've cut off my hair.

7:42 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

I so love your list:)

I might take up 30 pages if I did that:-)

10:25 AM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

What a fabulous list.

Lots of those are perfectly rectifiable too.

Strangely, the one that rings closest to home is the piano. A few years back, I told my mom that she could get rid of my childhood huge, huge, huge ancient upright piano that was literally sinking into the floor. We all regret it now.

Flossing is a scam, I say.

7:23 PM  
Blogger ellipsis said...

mel,

the red hurts my eyes. because I am old. older than you, at least.

sending you a happy thanksgiving hug.

ell

ps: screw flossing. just get a water pik.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares