Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Haters

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. (If you don't get that reference, click here.) Hate me because I've already done my Thanksgiving shopping.

Yeah. You got that right. I wrapped my Christmas presents last week and this week, tonight, I am prepared to cook a complete Thanksgiving dinner. Next week, I'll be dyeing Easter Eggs.

But wait. There's more. Prepare to be even more impressed. You might need to sit down and breathe deeply. My grocery receipt is thirty inches long and I saved a grand total of $46.36.

Hate me because I am good with coupons and because my twenty-pound turkey was free.

(My husband is going to Houston, Texas, on Friday. He'll be gone for a week, so I am doing everything in my power to avoid going to the grocery store with four kids in tow. I cannot shop while people talk to me and my kids--oh those talkative kids!--never stop talking. As my 3-year old says when subjected to a loud noise, "I cannot hear my ears!!")

11 Comments:

Blogger tab said...

I understand your motivation for getting it done....but PFFFTTTT (or however you make that noise).

5:35 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

In my head, I am singing the Mr. Roger's song "I'm Proud of You".

Although, I am changing the words to "I'm Jealous of You".

One advangtage of those talking children in the grocery store...

I was always able to tell those voices "NO!".

I'm not quite as successful with the voice in my head that tells me to by giant candy bars because it is such a good sale.

No. I am not good at that.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My biggest, heartiest congratulations to you. I'm grinning ear to ear at your resourcefulness. I am not going to turn around and mumble things under my breath.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Eyes for Lies said...

Will you be without your hubby on Thanksgiving????

You ARE a planner :)

7:35 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

I love how your 3-hear old uses the word "cannot." It brings a smile to my face every time. I'd bet she's a strong "J" on the Myers-Briggs. :)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I also try to avoid grocery shopping with just my one child, and I can't even imagine it with four!

I am very jealous over your Christmas presents, I haven't even bought one yet. My wrapping is always frantically done a couple days before we see whoever it is. I need to get a grip here...

8:12 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm duly impressed, Mel. Sounds like you have a bit of my mother in you.

Suzanne

9:27 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Pffft! We cooked our TG turkey over a month ago.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you run out of things to do, you're welcome to come to my house and jump right in. I never dyed last Easter's eggs.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm trying really hard not to hate you. :-)

(and I am old enough to remember that reference. It was Kelly LaBrock or Brock or something?)

Anyway, I'm really just impressed and envious. You're my role model. :-)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

um - don't eat Mel's Easter eggs.

word to the wise.

(you may want to double check Anvilcloud's turkey, too!)

:^)

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares