Sunday, November 06, 2005

My Curfew Was Extended

Last night, I telephoned my husband while I drove back to my hotel. He suggested that I postpone my return home until 4:30 p.m., which stretched my parole to almost forty-eight hours. I was gone from home for forty-seven glorious hours.

I watched two movies in the theater.
I shopped at two different outlet malls.
I ate dinner with a friend and we sat talking until she admitted she must pee or bust. Then we realized how late it was.
I stayed up very (very) late and slept in very (very) late.
I read a People magazine.
I came home with five new pairs of shoes, five new shirts, four new sweaters, a game for the kids, a book for my daughter, a pair of pants, an umbrella, a new comforter for our bed, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Movie reviews and an open letter to the Guy with the Triangle Hair Who Would Not Slouch later.

10 Comments:

Blogger Krisco said...

Sounds like fun! Good for you. We all need that little break once in awhile.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Dora said...

Sounds like a great time....looking forward to the stories.

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very happy for you. Can't wait to hear more details. Glad you had a good break and got some sleep!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Aahhh... sounds like heaven. So glad you had a good time!

5:58 AM  
Blogger The Catharine Chronicles said...

Hey, Mel, yesterday was the last day of my vacation, too. My birthday was last Wednesday, so I took Tuesday through Friday off. Aren't vacations just the best thing every? You must vow to yourself that you will do this every year, come hell or high water.

Welcome back. I have a deal for you. I'll come do your laundry and watch the kids, if you come process the four days of paperwork on my desk.

Deal?

~C~

12:41 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Sounds like you had fun! Hope that you can do it again soon!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Woo hoo!! Time away!! I'm glad for you...:)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Sis said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a good time...hopefully getting back into the swing of things wasn't too difficult. I always find that I have less patience for my children when I am away from them for any length of time,lol. I spoil easily.

3:47 PM  
Blogger that girl said...

ROCK. ON. you TAKE that extra hour, baby!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Honey, it's cheaper than paying a psychologist $100 an hour once a week for six months.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares