Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'm So Proud

My daughter is three years and three months old. She is a delicate child with long fingers and short reluctant-to-grow blond curls. For three years now, since her first Thanksgiving, she has been markedly reticent around people she doesn't know well. (On that first Thanksgiving at Grandma's house, she screamed her head off until I brought her home.) She is sensitive and a big fan of fingernail polish and pretty dresses.

This morning, she climbed onto her kid-sized table in the kitchen and proclaimed, "Ladies and gentlemen!" She noticed me watching and shot a shy, sly glance my way. She paused dramatically. I waited for a song, a dance, a recitation of the alphabet.

Then she announced, "I am going to kick your butt!"

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, so funny!! I wish I could know her in person!!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Dora said...

And THAT'S the TRUTH!!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

She is sensitive and a big fan of fingernail polish and pretty dresses.

Sounds like an oxymoron to me. Just kidding.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

LOL!! That is too funny. She sounds like a sweetheart.

My oldest is quiet and sensitive like that, too. (she's 11 now) But every once in awhile, she'll come out with something that just cracks everyone up. Its the quiet ones you've gotta watch out for! :-)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You just never know what might come out of those little mouths, do you?

1:12 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

You go, girl!

3:03 PM  
Blogger The Bizza said...

That is adorable and hilarious all at once!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Fasten your seat belt mom, your little lady might be about to bust out for a wonderful ride.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

What a hoot! I imagine this announcement is just a foretaste!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Takes after mom, no doubt. :-)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

I love kids and the funny stuff they say! It never makes one bit of sense, but it sure makes me laugh constantly!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She gives fair warning and her victims are genteel. I like that.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

She's a riot! LOL Thanks for the laugh this morning. I definitely needed it!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Goslyn said...

Oh so funny. Thanks for the chuckle.

8:07 AM  
Blogger dinodoc said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's your girl, alright. (So I guess I should feel proud that she hasn't screamed her head off at me...yet. lol.)

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares