Thursday, March 03, 2005

Take THAT!

This morning, when Babygirl finished eating her second syrupy waffle, I said, "Let me wash your sticky hands, okay?" She is an unusually compliant two-year old. But not today.

Today, Babygirl said, "No!"

She's two. She says "no" a lot, and usually I can cajole her into changing her mind. I said, "Please? You don't want to have sticky hands. Let mama wash them."

She said, "NO!"

So, I quickly wiped her face and hands anyway.

She shrieked and with a look of defiant resolve, swished her hands into the remaining syrup on her plate. They were stickier, much stickier than before.

I think she was sorry she had such goopy hands, but she tipped her chin up in victory. I laughingly said, "Okay, well, have sticky hands then." I put her on the floor and off she ran while I trailed behind saying, "Don't touch anything!"

Then I tricked her by filling a bowl with warm water and soap bubbles. "Do you want to put your hands in my soapy water?"

She did, of course. She's two and she can't resist soapy water.

So, I win. Take that!

4 Comments:

Blogger Badaunt said...

YOUR INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:

1. Who was your favourite teacher at high school, and why?
2. What do you remember as your finest moment, and why?
3. If you could move anywhere, money no object, where would you go?
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
5. How would your children describe you?

(I know the rules were supposed to be the first five people to ASK to be interviewed, but if you look carefully at what I wrote, I changed them. Ha! Gotcha!)

(I'm looking forward to seeing your answers.)

12:50 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

Hoorah! I will definitely have to keep that in mind for my usually complaint two year old. I would just have wiped him off again, and let him cry!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

LOL! Two year olds can be so funny. :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Brandie said...

ROFL! Cute!
We had to clean off jelly today, which wasn't fun. So I told M she turned into the jelly monster and when she tried to get me, I cleaned her!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares