Wednesday, December 08, 2004

What's Worse Than Throwing Up?

I'll tell you what's worse than throwing up. Hearing your husband throw up throughout the night. Realizing at 7:00 a.m. that your two-year old is going to spend the day vomiting. Holding your inconsolable two-year old as she pukes into a stainless steel bowl. Spending a whole head-throbbing day comforting your two-year old as she cries, "My tummy hurts," and knowing you can't do a thing about it.

That's what's worse than having a stomach virus--spending a day with those you love while they suffer from the stomach virus.

Thank God today is over.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your family's sickness! Hang in there!

12:33 AM  
Blogger WordsRock said...

Somehow it can be even more difficult as a mother for your family to be sick than it is to be sick yourself.

I hope everyone is back to good health quickly.
Hang in there.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Yuck, yuck. you poor things. There must be a bug going around here in the PNW...that same thing just traveled around my office. Hope you are all well soon.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Thia said...

Ug. I really hope you are all feeling better soon! Dh has been sick with the flu and it is almost more than I can handle as a new mamma.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Marykay said...

Oh my goodness. I am sooo sorry! I hope it ends very, very quickly!
Two Superbowls ago we had four of us puking every 15 minutes. I started at 7 pm, Savannah 1 am, Austin 2 am (by vomiting ON Derek) and Luke 4 am. Poor Derek ran between Austin and Savannah, sleeping for ten minutes between each kid, all night long. We actually took a sleeping bag, a pillow and a blanket and put it onto each bathroom floor so the pukee could stay near the toilet. It will go down in history as one of the most memorable nights for us and not in a good way.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

All of it sounds horrible...I'm glad for you that it is history..

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares