Wednesday, December 01, 2004

When You Use Red Paint

A few years back, I painted my dingy kitchen bright--excruciatingly bright--white. Since then, I painted my family room with red stripes and most recently, I painted the living room bold orange-yellow. My poor husband. He's more of a beige kind of guy, but he humors me.

Well. I thought the kitchen wall that I see from the family room--the wall with the doorway to the dining/living room--ought to be red. And the wall opposite, just a small half-wall, really, which borders the family room also needed to be red. That wall was covered with baskets, but they all came down.

Guess how many coats of paint a shockingly white wall needs? One coat of primer. Three coats of red paint.

I am so sick of paint. But the walls look . . . vivid. No, really, they look great. If I were a good, industrious wife, I would spray all those baskets off and let them dry overnight. I just might do that. You never can tell, really.

It's December 1 and I don't have my Advent calendar hung. I'm late, late for a very important date!

3 Comments:

Blogger Eyes for Lies said...

I would love to see a photo...please. I just can't picture this!!

10:51 PM  
Blogger elswhere said...

My older cousin had a very dramatic, glossy, red-and-black painted kitchen when I was a teenager and used to visit her at her cool grownup apartment. I loved that kitchen. Yours sounds equally great.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I've heard red is, along with yellow, the most difficult of colors to paint.

I'd like to see a picture too. :)

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares