Sunday, November 28, 2004

Gloom, Despair and Agony on Me

I am depressed. Let me count the reasons why:

1) Tomorrow is Monday and with Monday comes schooling at home.
2) Tomorrow is Monday and that means I have to wake up early.
3) Next Saturday I am having company. I will have to do the impossible: maintain a clean house and cook and look cute. All at the same time.
4) My hair is too long. I look like an unkempt cocker spaniel with long hair.
5) My boys' twin friends left our house today after calling their mother and telling her they were bored, there is nothing to do here and all my boys wanted to do was watch television and fight. I had no idea this boy was even going to use my phone, nor did I know things weren't going well. I am embarrassed and afraid my children will never have any friends. They will probably die of boredom.
6) Tomorrow is Monday.
7) My husband reported yesterday that the leftover turkey tastes "funny," and he didn't mean "funny, ha-ha." There go my dinner plans for three nights.
8) Tomorrow is Monday and I didn't have enough fun or get out of the house enough these past four days.
9) Tomorrow is Monday and the laundry pile is still huge.
10) I have to paint the kitchen wall tonight.

Wow. How quickly the Thanksgiving spirit departs from me. I should be sent to solitary confinement. With a novel. And popcorn with M&Ms sprinkled in it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

I am having a case of the "Mondays" myself...I think it is the low, after the high...
I hope your preparation for Saturday goes well...that should snap you right out of the "Mondays."

9:34 AM  
Blogger The Narcissist said...

I hate that today is Monday too, but really, I am not all that fond of any day that isn't Saturday - it really is the perfect day too. Sundays would be nice if Mondays didn't follow them. Mondays suck. This one particularly.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares