Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Thanksgiving Eve

The stockings are hung by the chimney with . . . oh wait a second. Wrong holiday. The children are nestled all snug in their beds. I am thankful for that. I am also thankful for a myriad of miscellaneous things:

1) I am thankful for rainy days and dancing leaves.
2) I am thankful for my kids, even the one who stomped his feet and yelled at me today. Not so long ago, I feared I'd die a bitter, childless woman. Now I know I will die an exhausted, worn out mother.
3) I am thankful for my husband, even though he doesn't cook. Or build things. Or fix things.
4) I am thankful for a kitchen full of food, even though I can't find any chocolate in it.
5) I am thankful for stuff that makes me laugh, including the sight of Babygirl dancing to the Wiggles.
6) I am thankful for a shower that drains properly so I can take long, thoughtful showers.
7) I am thankful for my husband (yes, I know I already said that) because he's so funny--this morning he woke me up saying, "Do you want me to tell everyone you are unavailable today?" I mumbled, "Yes." And then he told me he had a great idea: "Personalized bobbleheads. I really think there is a market for them." I said, "Why are you awake?" and stumbled to the bathroom.
8) I am thankful for my marriage. I know it will not crumble or explode without notice.
9) I am thankful for books and chocolate, and wish for an endless supply of both.
10) I am thankful for friends, far and near, especially the ones who think I am amusing and smart and cute.

I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner at my house tomorrow and I think I am ready. My 98-year old grandmother had to invite herself over because it didn't occur to me to invite her. I am glad she took action, rather than offense. My brother and his wife are coming. So is my mom, so it'll be a small gathering of ten of us.

God bless us everyone. Happy Turkey Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Hooray, you are grateful for me then! (See #10)
I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful....

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares