Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Death Warmed Over

The last time it happened, I was in 7th grade. This afternoon while I was curled under a layer of covers, shivering, woozy, I did the math. That was about 26 years ago.

That time, I'd had porkchops and rice--that casserole with cream of mushroom soup. This time, I have kids. Last time, I was secretly thrilled that my brown, suede-ish pants were loose when I returned to school.

Even my pregnancies did not feature vomiting. I vomited delicately once during each pregnancy, once when I brushed my teeth a little too vigorously and once when I ate a deviled egg on an empty stomach.

But today. Oh, today I rolled out of my deathbed and stumbled to the bathroom and didn't even have enough time or warning to hold my hair back. I think I can still feel it in my nasal cavity.

But there is good news. First, my husband responded valiantly at 7:00 a.m. when I told him, "I have the stomach bug. You have to stay home today." He did a fine job watching kids all day (minus DaycareKid). Babygirl's loneliness for me drew her to my deathbed throughout the day, but she managed without me. Sort of.

The other good news is that last night was the Church Women's Fellowship Annual Salad Potluck and I ate a bit too much and then finished off that peanut butter pie last night. For once, my lack of self-control will have no consequence.

Unless you count the taste of . . . well, it wasn't as bad as porkchops, but I'll be steering clear of cabbage for awhile.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brandie said...

Feel better Melodee. :-( I hope it passes quickly.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I feel your pain, my friend.
Feel better soon!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Oh my! I hope you're feeling better today.

Hooray for your hubby, though. It's nice when they are able to step in like that. Mine did when Alison was very little and she and I both had the stomach thing at the same time and I was extremely glad.

6:40 AM  
Blogger The Narcissist said...

No fun. So sorry Mel. Hope you feel better. Love the new blog name by the way. Perfect Fit...

10:15 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I'm so squeamish about sickness, that I can barely stand to read this entry. Obviously, I am terrible at taking care of things on those kinds of days...

~Tina

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares