Thursday, April 15, 2004

My Twins Turn 11 Today

The twins turn 11 years old today. What's funny is that they've been arguing about when they are "officially" and "technically" turning 11. TwinBoyB says not until 11:30 p.m. when he was actually born. TwinBoyA doesn't care about the details. He says he turned 11 as of 12:01 a.m. this morning. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I think these children will argue until they live separately. Or even longer. Who knows? I can hardly believe I have two boys on the cusp of adolescence--even though they are starting to smell and have greasy hair and grow hair in strange places. ::shudder::

I have baked a chocolate cake and am looking forward to making homemade frosting, mostly so I can lick giant globs of it off my fingers. Because everyone knows that frosting doesn't have any calories if you lick it off your fingers.

Changing gears entirely . . .

I am always very hopeful in spring. Each spring I think this is the year I'm going to get the whole flowerbed weeded. I have flowerbeds that some lunatic must have planned. They are a good eight to ten feet wide as they approach the corner of the yard. I've never managed to get all the weedy grass dug out of them before I give up (in June, usually). But this year, I'm making remarkable progress. And last night, to celebrate, I bought twenty dollars worth of perennials to plant. I can't wait. Spring hopes eternal.

We're on our third day of cloudy skies and occasional rain. The babies do not quite understand why we can't go outside. Yesterday, I took Babygirl for a stroll around our circle, but it started to rain and by the time we got home, I was wet. My naturally curly hair was out of control.

We sent off the taxes today. We paid $54. I hate paying taxes. Our estimated quarterly payment was due today, too. That's the one that really hurts. If more people had to write a check to the government every three months, more people would vote Republican.

The most embarrassing thing happened today. My husband (continuing his "week off") had a friend come to "help him" with a few household repairs. They replaced the shower nozzle in our bathroom and the toilet seat, too. Both of these things I could easily do myself and I hated that someone else did them. I was embarrassed that this man thinks I'm not able to do such simple stuff. Of course, I'm also completely irrational and hated the fact that he saw my bedroom, which probably has laundry on the floor and an unmade bed--because my husband doesn't get up at the crack of dawn like I do and it's kind of hard to make a bed when someone's still in it. I've tried, believe me. I also sleep nice and tidily and when I emerge from a bed, it's a simple matter of pulling the covers up and fluffing the pillows. I am a neat sleeper, unlike some people I know who shall remain nameless.
Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares