Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Family

My husband and I were talking today about how long we've been married. Almost 17 years. That breaks my family record--my parents were married 13 years. Then my dad's second marriage lasted 7 years. My mom's second marriage lasted 5 years, her third marriage lasted 1.5 years, her fourth marriage lasted three or four years. Then she gave up marriage and just lived with a man for about 7 years.

My husband isn't sure how long his parents were married, but as near as we could figure, their marriage lasted about 15 years. His mother's longest lasting marriage is going strong at 25 years at least, and his dad's marriage has lasted probably 35.

Anyway, he was saying, "I am doing my best to get away from dysfunctional people."

And then he paused. "But my siblings keep calling!"

You know what they say. You can pick your friends. You can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose.

And you can't pick your family, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares