Thursday, January 12, 2006

Is It Friday Yet?

Listen quick. I don't have time for this--my son's about to leave for second grade and needs his hair combed, the 13-month old baby is due to arrive, the boys need to be roused from their slumber, the dirty laundry needs to be dumped into the machine, the clean laundry needs to be folded, the syrup needs to be put away, I ought to bring my school-at-home records up to date and I need to put my contact lenses in--but I have to say this.

This must be the longest week on record. Am I in some kind of personal time warp? Because on Monday, I thought it was Wednesday and every day since, it seems like it should be Friday, but it's not.

And yes, the rain continues. Today is our twenty-fifth consecutive day of rain. Only another week and a day until we break the all-time record.

And the doorbell rings.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I think there's a definite time warp going on. Some sort of rip in the time continuum... (gads, I've watched too much Star Trek in my life time...)

Anyway, I'm feeling it here, too. But its odd because I simultaneously feel like time as stopped moving, and yet I don't have ENOUGH time to get anything done.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

This is not only the longest week, it is the longest month! January - aaaaarrrggghhh!

1:55 PM  
Blogger yum said...

Thats funny, all day yesterday I was thinking its Friday too. Must be somethng in the air :)

2:28 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We are having a mild winter (for here). One result is a lot of cloud (and some rain). I think I'd prefer it sunny, and if it needs to be colder for that to happen, so be it.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

55 and sunny here in West Michigan today.

It doesn't feel like Friday, it feels like MARCH.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

I swear every week seems longer to me, and I seem to get less and less done each week. I don't get it. I totally feel your pain, though.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

I dont see how you manage to do daycare. I postively hate babysitting. But yeh this is a long week.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Can I export some sun to you?

I know that Suzanne already tried, but East Coast sun is so much less effective than West Coast sun.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares