Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Summed Up

Today, a summary.

School-at-home resumed, learning all about the ocean depths and Roger Williams.

Laundry, loads and loads, almost caught up.

Nine Bean Soup with Turkey Sausage in the crock-pot.

Reading Ellen Foster while riding on my exercise bike. Thirty-four consecutive days now, the bike, not the book.

Raindrops keep falling, but not on my head because I haven't been outside today.

January is the longest month.

This year, I plan to . . .
read a book a week. . .
pay more attention. . .
celebrate more, even little holidays.

I will listen better to that sensible voice in my head. She's usually right.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrim said...

I beg to differ. January is long. February is even longer.

Good for you, on the exercise bike. Good for you.
Also, on the crockpot.

6:46 AM  
Blogger The Bizza said...

I also have a sensible voice in my head... and the last time I ignored it, i was mugged at gunpoint (about a decade ago).

So I agree... It's always wise to listen to your spidey-sense.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, Ellen Foster! I read that book as an assignment in college, and wrote a paper on it. I actually really enjoy it, and I usually make it a point not to enjoy books that someone is making me read. How are you liking it?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

"Reed's Beach" by Bret Lott I enjoyed more than "Jewel". I wasn't thrilled with "Ellen Foster".

I LOVE the Philip Gulley books. I wish I could write like he writes.

9:49 AM  
Blogger BikeMom said...

MMMm - the bean soup sounds good - I would love the recipe!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares