Tuesday, January 10, 2006

So far, so good

I finished The Beach yesterday. I read it in only a few days. I purchased it at a garage sale and I was thrilled because I'd seen bits of the movie (starring Leonardo DiCaprio) on the Oxygen Network, but never the beginning. So I was curious. And the price was right.

I didn't expect to be pulled into the story so quickly and completely, but I did. I have quite a few books waiting to be read that are author's "first novels." This was Alex Garland's first novel, and the book I read prior to this (Ellen Foster) was also a "first novel."

And the book I'm reading now, A Severe Mercy is also a "first" book, though it's not fiction. But every once in awhile, you have to lift your head out of the pool of fiction and read something else.

Then, I'll dive back into a novel, probably another "first novel," in keeping with my spontaneous theme.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

Wow. When do you get time to read so many books! ;)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

A Severe Mercy is one of my all time favorites.

I've gotten each of my children a copy. It was required homeschool reading at our house.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Deb Heller said...

Hmmmm... I've been looking for new books to read while I'm working out on the cycle or stepper! Thanks for the mini-reviews! :-)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares