Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A Look Back

How time rushes forward, even while it seems to stand still. Weeks have passed now and four envelopes of pictures (old-fashioned developed film from a plain old camera, even) sit on my desk. Finally, tonight, after cleaning out my email box (down to 37 emails), I scanned a few.

Here is the path to the shore. You can see one of my 12-year olds and my 3-year old, hurrying for their first glimpse of the beach.
And here are all the kids. Notice the foamy beach. Later on, the foam skittered across the wet sand and my daughter jumped over it with glee.
And here is the foam-jumper herself. She fully intended to swim in the ocean, but settled for running at shore birds until they swooped into the air and formed an undulating flying ribbon.
Look out, Sandpipers!

There they go! (Click on pictures for full-size views.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

Those pictures are awesome! I've only seen the ocean once, and it was in florida - 26 years ago! Your daughter is so cute and has the most gorgeous eyes - and those are some handsome boys!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Wow.

It's all gorgeous!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I love the perspective on the first photo.

And the other ones aren't bad, either...

;)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

oh, what fun!! Great pictures -- everyone looks so darned healthy and wholesome! Good on you! The birds a'flyin' are quite amazing.

How did I get here tonight? Lesse, uh, oh yeah! Suburban Lesbain. I'm glad I came.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Great pictures....:)
Your little foam jumper is really growing up!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares