Thursday, December 08, 2005

If I End Up Missing, Check the Closet

Tonight, as I pedaled my exercise bike, my husband put a clear plastic garbage bag over his head and peered at me. We were having some ridiculous conversation and I wish I could relay it here, but I can't remember it because of what happened next.

My husband crossed the room and said, "Here, put this on your head and tell me if you can see through it." (He was obviously not paying attention to the riveting conversation we were having. Either that or he had suffered brain cell loss from the lack of oxygen.)

The bag was cloudy cellophane and when he wore it on his head, I could see the features of his face. I said, "I don't think so! But nice try!"

He said, "No, really. Tell me if you can see through this."

I said, "I am going to alert my blog readers! If I end up dead, they will know you did it!"

He flashed a grin and said, "No, really!"

AND I PUT A PLASTIC BAG OVER MY HEAD.

The funny thing was that I couldn't see through the plastic and not just because the world started going black and then through a tunnel I saw a bright light . . . no. That plastic looks clear, but is somehow opaque when you are wearing it on your head.

Kids, don't try this at home. We are trained professionals. No, really.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Bizza said...

BWAHAHJAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*gasping for air...*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

*wipes tears from eyes...*

Oh man... stop the insanity...

Mebbie it's the brandy I'm drinking... but that was freaking hilarious.

Oh Mel... you rogue...

Mel? You're O.K., right?

Mel???

2:39 AM  
Blogger methatiam said...

the world started going black and then through a tunnel I saw a bright light
****************
Yeah, I get that on the exercise bike too!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Sis said...

LOL!!! This is the funniest thing!! ::::laughing choking gasping for air taking plastic bag off my head::::

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That entry my internet friend is why I read your blog! WHen I need it the most you make me "belly" laugh! THANKS A MILLION! I sure needed it today! Merry Christmas to YOU and YOURS!!!
byucat

6:24 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Next thing you know, you'll be running with scissors...

6:59 PM  
Blogger Cuppa said...

You are one wild and crazy pair, that's all I can say!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Okay, I am officially nervous about you now...both of you, actually...;)

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares