Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Sidekick

Here is my 3-year old on Thanksgiving Day. She's stirring the Corn Souffle' right before we put it into the casserole dish. All of my children were helpful that day. The boys peeled all the potatoes and set the table.

Yesterday afternoon, my daughter began to lobby for a trip to McDonald's for nuggets and fries. She hadn't felt well for almost a week and although I offered her a variety of tasty treats, she hadn't been interested in eating all week. So, when she began dreaming of chicken nuggets, I decided to make her dream come true.

When the last baby left and my husband arrived, she and I ventured into the dark in our quest for junk food. While we sat in line, I said to her, "Hey, look at all the cars. Can you count them?" Without pause, she said, "uno, dos, tres." This is evidence of her love of "Dora". Then, when I finished placing my order, she piped up from the backseat, "AND A COOKIE!"

Ah, that's my girl!

10 Comments:

Blogger The Bizza said...

Awww... that picture is absolutely priceless!

I hope she got the cookie too!

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet picture and adorable story. I like the way she thinks! I have a feeling she looks like her Mom......

5:26 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Mel,
She's so cute. Hope she's feeling better.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Jack-on-the-Lake said...

I love her look. She looks very serious about her task!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Sunny Ellis said...

She looks A lot like the person in the profile picture. :-) Beautiful

7:33 PM  
Blogger ellipsis said...

LOVE the apron, Mel.
ell :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

A daughter who cooks!

I'm jealous.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Well, we should get her and Mr. P into the kitchen together, he loves to help me cook as well!

Good mom for giving in to the Chicken McNugget craving. As long as it is not their daily diet, I say live it up once in a while.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that she's wearing an apron - Very cute.
:)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How cute! Keep her going on that spanish and she'll be bilingual in no time!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares