Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Seven Sevens--A Meme

Barbara over at Mommylife tagged me . . . and Julana over at Life in the Slow Lane did, too, I vaguely recall. So, here goes. I'm the last woman in the blogosphere to do this meme, so have no fear. No tagging at the end of this thing.

Seven Six Sevens

1. Seven things to do before I die
1) Write a whole lot more.
2) Finish putting all my pictures into narrative scrapbooks.
3) Travel to various places I can't visit now.
4) Read all the books on my shelves.
5) Love better.
6) See my children grown up and happy and successful in their chosen vocations.
7) Figure out what to do with my hair.

2. Seven things I cannot do
1) Whistle.
2) Raise my right eyebrow only.
3) Lick popsicle sticks or wooden spoons.
4) Buy shoes that make my feet hurt.
5) Tell apart my friend's twin boys.
6) Read the end of a book in advance.
7) Tolerate those wacky Christians with big hair on Christian television.

3. Seven things that attract me to my husband
1) His irreverent sense of humor.
2) His expressive eyes.
3) His calmness in calamity and in everyday situations.
4) His generosity.
5) His people skils.
6) The way he laughs at my jokes and sarcasm.
7) His assurance of his own faith.

4. Seven things I say most often
1) "Do you understand what I am saying to you?!"
2) "Please, I'm begging you, be quiet!"
3) "I love you!"
4) "Let's go, Joe!"
5) "Well."
6) "Are you kidding me?"
7) "Please, go to bed. Do not make noise. Go to sleep! I'm off duty!"

5. Seven books (or series) I love
1) The Bible.
2) Anne Lamott's Operating Instructions. (Also Bird by Bird.)
3) Jane Smiley's A Thousand Acres.
4) Wendell Berry's Jayber Crow.
5) Barbara Kingsolver's Poisonwood Bible.
6) Willian Zinsser's On Writing Well.
7) Pat Conroy's Prince of Tides.

6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
1) Grease.
2) Schindler's List.
3) Top Gun.
4) Ruthless People.
5) The Breakfast Club.
6) Pretty Woman.
7) When Harry Met Sally.

I had a lot of trouble with the movie category. I tend not to watch movies over and over again . . . but the movies listed are ones I would stop and watch if I came across them on television. As for the book category, those are not necessarily my favorite books of all time, but a list of books I like a lot or which made a big impression on me. And, the observant of you will notice I only have six sevens--that's because I didn't tag seven of you to play along. But feel free to tag yourself!

9 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrim said...

You are going to live to be really old if you get all that stuff done! I am trying to imagine the ever-witty and verbal Mel reducing it to, "Let's go, Joe!" THank you for doing this. I'm with you on the movies. I don't really like to know what's coming next, so don't like second viewings too much.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting insight

4:39 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

Aha i havent been tagged for it but thats because I dont do memes. Interesting. We like a lot of the smae movies.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Oh, Poisonwood Bible! I loved that one, too.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I'm with you on the seven sayings.

I'll add one of my own, "What part of no are you not understanding?"

9:41 PM  
Blogger Krisco said...

LOVE Poisonwood Bible. Amazing book. Loved it.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the left eyebrow I can't raise alone. (Yes, I sat here and tried it to find out.)

10:05 AM  
Blogger dinodoc said...

Oh please don't leave this OCD reader in the lurch...what was the 7th category? Do you pick your own 7?

2:52 PM  
Blogger ellipsis said...

Again I say with wonder--"holy crap, I really, really like a bible-thumping church lady!"

But I do.

Hey--you're not trying to "save" me and elizabth are you?????

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares