Sunday, November 27, 2005

Brain Floaters

Only snippets float around in my brain, kind of like those floaters you get in your eye which are extremely distracting during a boring lecture on the pentateuch at 7:30 a.m.

For instance, I thought just a second ago about how I used to put myself to sleep with visions of a plump-cheeked baby back when we used to be childless. I never once envisioned a twelve year old. Nor does the same image put me to sleep anymore.
----------------------
I vowed to myself to eat only vegetables and fruit tomorrow. Will I ever actually feel hungry again?
-----------------------
In what universe do women wear pointy high heels with jeans? I mean, besides Oprah-land?
-----------------------
I'm so not ready for another week of childcare, school-at-home and preschoolers.
-----------------------
Nick and Jessica broke up? What? Doesn't anybody stay together anymore?
-----------------------
I feel silly for looking forward to Oprah's appearance on David Letterman next week. But I feel completely justified in looking forward to the new season of "24."
-----------------------
Today, I read about googlewhacking. I'm afraid I now have another way to procrastinate and avoid my housework. Great. Just what I needed. As if Hawaii and Tahiti aren't distracting enough.

9 Comments:

Blogger Smoov said...

When does "24" start? I need a new show to get addicted to, I don't watch enough TV! Although I read too much....some say.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I've been awake since 3:00 and was fresh out of my own weird and random thoughts. Yours gave me something new to ponder.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

My niece flew up from FL two weeks ago, to stay with my parents. She came out to eat in jeans and pointy-toed pink high-heels. Lo-o-ong pointy toes. Hi-i-igh heels.

"I grow old, I grow old." T.S. Eliot

12:05 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

*sigh* If Nick and Jessica can't keep it togheter, is there really any hope for the rest of us mere mortals?

*snicker*

7:26 PM  
Blogger The Bizza said...

"In what universe do women wear pointy high heels with jeans? I mean, besides Oprah-land?"

I'll never understand the "Witch's boot" fad that's been going around. Pointy shoes are just plain ugly, period.

'But I feel completely justified in looking forward to the new season of "24." '

Ever since I lost an entire holiday weekend to a "24" marathon, I've tried to avoid that show. It is the crack-cocaine of T.V. shows, meaning that I was hooked, let-down, and re-hooked in 15-minute increments.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

You need to move down here, Mel. You will see more women in jeans and pointy heels than you will ever need in a lifetime. And a bunch of them are with their young kids, to boot.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

I wear the jeans and pointy heels from time-to-time if I'm going out somewhere nice, but not dressy. Uusually, though, I'm more inclined to wear Converse.

(P.S. My word verification is aahgh. I like that! Aahgh!!!)

7:28 AM  
Blogger ellipsis said...

mel--

Believe it or not, I wear jeans with pointy toed shoes, well boots, mostly. But not around the house, of course. And I bet Oprah is a schlub at home too.

But it's a good look for me. I often wear holey, ripped and stained t-shirts and ripped and stained capris almost all-year round at home. Makes for great romantic moments with the GITB.

But when I am going out on a job or to a social thing, yes, jeans and pointy-toes.

Try it, mel. You might feel sassy. A sassy church lady. Wouldn't that get the bake-sale ladies' gums a-flappin!

10:49 AM  
Blogger dinodoc said...

WooHoo! A fellow "24" junkie! tick...tick...tick...

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares