Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Open Letter to Nick Jr. Television Programmers

Dear Mr. and Ms. Nick Jr. Television Programmers:

Imagine my horror yesterday when I realized that my daughter's favorite show, "Max & Ruby" wasn't showing at 1:00 p.m., aka NAPTIME. I have carefully spun a delicate, intricate spider's web of a schedule, which you just swiped your hands through, Mr. and Ms. Programmers, when you blotted this darling show from the schedule. You plunged your hand through my fragile schedule and now . . . now, naptime has become a juggle of exploding grenades. I hope the sticky strands of my former naptime schedule stick to your eyelashes and render you temporarily blind.

Oh, sure, I am smarter than I look. I already purchased a video tape of the show in question. But that's not good enough for a two year old who believes in the immutability of television programming. She doesn't want to watch "the funny rabbit show" in her room, oh no. She wants to watch it from my king-sized bed, on my television, on the television which does not have a VCR attached. Have you tried to fool a two year old? Have you attempted reasoning with such an unreasonable creature? I thought not.

So, please, I'm begging you. Just put "Max & Ruby" back where it belongs. Restore my faith in humanity. Have mercy upon a mother who needs a smooth naptime routine. If you don't march back in there and do what I say this second, you'll have to go sit in the Naughty Chair. And believe me, that's not as fun as it sounds!

Bring back "Max & Ruby." Don't make a grown woman cry.

7 Comments:

Blogger gina said...

just popping in ....my daughter LOVES max and ruby. ruby is a little bossy dontcha think though? lol

5:23 PM  
Blogger methatiam said...

TV programming execs are why the common man invented TIVO.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Melodee said...

TIVO! My fondest dream! (Alas, only a dream at the moment.)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Yeah, I think Nick changed a few things. Blues Clues used to be on after Dora, and I think some show called Chalk Zone is on now. What is that all about! I noticed they changed things for Memorial Day, and I was really hoping that the schedule was just messed up this week, while they tried to figure out what they had done. Alas, I think they may have made a permanent move...that will sorely mess up my day as well!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I think I need tivo too. I would have loved it for when my kids were younger.

10:36 PM  
Blogger elswhere said...

What did they put on instead of Max & Ruby?

9:20 PM  
Blogger rev-ed said...

Ruby may be a bit bossy, but Max can be a naughty bunny!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares