Thursday, May 26, 2005

Punchline

One of my 12-year old sons said to me the other day, "Hey, mom, want to hear a joke?"

I didn't really, but I said, "Okay."

He said, "I-da-ho, you-da-ho, we-da-ho."

Somewhere along the line, he'd heard the punchline to this joke: "If two potatoes are standing on a corner, how can you tell which one is the pr*stitute?"

The punchline: "The one with the sticker that says I-da-ho."

So, he thinks the whole joke is "I-da-ho."

He laughed at his unfunny joke while I stared with a perplexed look on my face. He raised his eyebrows and offered this hint to me, "Get it? I-da-hoe. Hoe. The garden tool?"

And then I laughed.

I like to keep my kids clueless as long as possible. For a long time, they thought the f-word was "fart." In fact, I think they still do.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

That's great!

That's when you have to refrain yourself from saying, "No dear, I'm not laughing with you. I'm laughing at you."

12:54 PM  
Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

It's one of those occasions where ignorance really is bliss.

5:25 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

funny..my kids think the "sh" word is a swear word..that word being shut up...that word is just not allowed unless I am saying it to my hubby....Kids are guleable..lets enjoy it while it lasts..lol..

2:17 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

I feel kinda bad...my 2 year old thinks the word fart is just another funny word.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

My sister had to go have an appointment with my nephew's principal a few years ago, because a middle schooler claimed he called her a "hoe." I had no idea what they were talking about, and I don't know if anyone else in my family did, before it was explained. When they got to the meeting, the girl said that he wasn't the right person, she had meant someone else. Guess she didn't even know his name. Don't know what that says about the principal.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares