Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Nothing . . . and Something

The problem with shopping at 9:30 p.m. is three-fold.

1) The grocery store aisles are clogged with pallets of food and products waiting to be shelved. Shopping is an obstacle course, one in which you manage to be stuck in traffic jams even though only three other women are shopping. I kept having head-on collisions with one woman who seemed to forget she was in a public place. She stood mid-aisle, pondering items, oblivious to me. If I'd been sitting in my car in an intersection, I would have honked my horn.

2) The items on sale for 10 for $10 are sold out.

3) Simple fatigue. Babygirl woke at 5:38 a.m., and though I didn't drag myself from bed until 6:40 a.m., I wandered through a cloud of exhaustion all day. It didn't help matters that I was completely out of Diet Coke today. By lunchtime, my head ached. I left my house reluctantly tonight, wiped out, but in dire need of provisions. Especially Diet Coke with Lime.

I contemplated cracking open a 2-liter bottle and swigging that precious brown fizzy liquid mid-aisle, but instead, I kept moving.

Oh, and I thought of another problem with shopping at 9:30 p.m. When one shops late, one returns home late. One does not begin to blog until 11:00 p.m., which results in a truly pathetic string of words talking about nothing. Who do I think I am? Seinfeld?

And that list from yesterday? Still mostly undone, but now I did create a beautiful organized to-do list, tasks numbered one through twenty. That counts for something.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

I totally feel for you...you went the whole day w/o a caffiene fix? You poor, poor lady!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Diet coke I understand. But with lime? I had to throw the rest of the cans of the one pack I bought into the trash.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Plus the deli counter and all other services are closed. I'm still trying to figure out the best tme of day to go grocery shopping. I think I have it pin-pointed to between 1 and 2:30 in the afternoon.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares