Tuesday, May 17, 2005

In the Beginning, at the End, and a Little in Between

My alarm rang at 5:10 a.m. and I decided on the spot to forsake my walking partner and stay in bed. My head felt like a granite stone stuck to my pillow by the force of gravity. Who can get out of bed with such a heavy head, let alone walk with it balanced precariously upon one's shoulders?

CuteBaby's mom dropped him off with this concerned comment, "Last night, he had some paper in his poop." I responded with horror, "From my house?" She didn't come out and say so, but seriously, the kid is five months old. It's not as if he's been to the library and chowed down on a few books while she was working. He rolls now and my floor is admittedly not pristine, so apparently he found and ingested some kind of paper while under my care. I suck.

While he napped, I vacuumed until my a wide ribbon of gray smoke wafted from the vacuum cleaner. I changed the belt and cleaned the filter, to no avail. The vacuum is dead. May the vacuum rest in peace.

When I returned from Target tonight, the boys were sprawled in the family room watching television. I ignored them until a ruckus broke out. TwinBoyA yelled at YoungestBoy for spilling his glass of milk which TwinBoyA left sitting on the carpet in the middle of the floor since dinnertime three hours earlier.

He thought YoungestBoy was at fault for not noticing this glass of milk in the middle of the floor.

And so ends a delightful day of digested paper and spilled milk.

Tomorrow's goals:
Prevent CuteBaby from swallowing foreign objects.
Plan dinner before dinner-time.
Keep children alive.

I'm keeping it simple.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

A little paper never hurt anyone. My kids have ingested worse. We once found two Barbie shoes and a small marble in the SAME diaper. Needless to say, my house is less than spotless!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

Wow your day sounded as sucky as mine! Some days I swear I should have never been born let alone try to be a mother to these kids!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

Better than the spider my aunt found in my cousin's poop. (She thought it was humorous.) Or the three front teeth I have never found in my son's.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

I say those goals sound a bit lofty, to me!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

You don't really know that the paper came from your house! And even if it did...he's absolutely fine, right?

1:46 PM  
Blogger Princess Wild Cow said...

Explain the usage of "roughage" in one's diet and pray he never swallows a piece of tinsel like my cat did once...UGH!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares