Thursday, May 05, 2005

A Day Like Many Others

Over at this blog, she shares her day's events. In lieu of my planned post for today which declares how judgmental I'm feeling lately about almost everything, I offer instead, a boring recount of my day.

5:10 a.m.: Alarm rings. Paw at clock until noise stops.
5:19 a.m.: Alarm rings again. I get up, pull on clothes and glasses.
5:30 a.m.- 6:30 a.m.: Four mile walk.
6:45 a.m. - 7:15 a.m.: Shower while Babygirl stands outside the stall and asks me questions.
7:30 a.m.: DaycareKid arrives. YoungestBoy wakes. I rock Babygirl.
8:00 a.m.: Homework time for YoungestBoy. Breakfast for him and Babygirl.
8:30 a.m.: CuteBaby arrives. YoungestBoy leaves for school.
9:00 a.m.: Twins wake and start school work. CuteBaby naps. Toddlers play/fight. Fold laundry, check blogs, answer email and phone, supervise schoolwork, wash more laundry. Doze in recliner while toddlers watch Mary Poppins.
11:00 a.m.: CuteBaby awake. Twins make and eat lunch.
11:45 a.m.: CuteBaby leaves for lunch break with mom. Babygirl throws fit. Put her in crib for 30 minutes.
Noon: Feed toddlers lunch.
12:45 p.m.: CuteBaby returns. Twins do school work.
1:00 p.m.: Naptime for DaycareKid and CuteBaby. Babygirl watches show until 1:30.
1:30 p.m.: Nap. Fall asleep with Babygirl.
2:15 p.m.: My lunch break.
2:30 p.m.: Babygirl falls off bed with a thump and wakes. Sit and rock her.
3:30 p.m.: YoungestBoy returns. DaycareKid wakes. Neighbor Mom calls--take opportunity to discuss yesterday.
4:00 p.m.: CuteBaby wakes. Feed bottle. Neighbor kids arrive.
4:30 p.m.: DaycareKid mom arrives to pick up DaycareKid.
5:00 p.m.: Neighbor kids leave. Boil spaghetti noodles, warm sauce and meatballs.
5:15 p.m.: CuteBaby's mom arrives and takes him home.
5:30 p.m.: Eat dinner.
6:00 p.m.: Send boys outside. Babygirl goes for ride with Daddy. I vacuum, fold laundry, read email.
6:30 p.m.: Babygirl gets a bath.
7:00 p.m.: Sit with Babygirl while she watches video. Read book, fall asleep.
8:00 p.m.: Babygirl goes to bed. Watch "Survivor."
9:00 p.m.: Watch "Apprentice."
10:00 p.m.: Write this lame blog post.
11:00 p.m.: Go to bed.

Tomorrow: Lather, rinse, repeat.

Actually, tomorrow I'm taking my mother out for dinner. My husband gave me $100 cash to spend on it, but my mother and I agreed: let's have a reasonably priced dinner, then go shopping with the rest of the money! So, that's what we'll do. We plan to have dinner at a waterfront seafood restaurant that serves the best clam chowder and fish and chips.

Boring. I warned you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Geez! Did you even get out of bed today? It's like you didn't do anything!

My hubby called me from work the other day, and I had taken the morning to myself to play on the computer b/c my kid was at his grandma's. He had been there for two days so far. My hubby asked me what I had done so far that day, and I told him. He said, "So you've done nothing now for three days, huh?" I had worked my butt off the prior two days, and was taking advantage of my first chance to sit down! It bugs me sometimes to know that people think that if you don't get up and go away from your home for a job, then you've done nothing all day. Harrumph!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Eyes for Lies said...

Wow!! You lead two lives for every one I lead.

I'm the one who leads a BORING LIFE. Not you :)

8:39 AM  
Blogger M3 said...

Ok I'm no math genius, but, um, I don't think you're getting the recommended eight hours of sleep per night. ;-)

10:53 AM  
Blogger blueyedtracy said...

My toddler likes to watch Mary Poppins too. He immitates the dancing penguins.

Amazingly, you exercise too.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I LOVE "The Apprentice." Who are you rooting for? I want Tana to win.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Melodee said...

I hope Tana wins. I think it will be close. . . and last night, I got a full 8 hours of sleep. Glory be!

2:35 PM  
Blogger mrsd said...

Tomorrow: Lather, rinse, repeat.

:D!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares