Monday, May 02, 2005

What?

Did you hear that? Listen.

You don't hear anything? Me, either! That, my friends, is the rare sound of silence.

DaycareKid = absent.
Babygirl = napping.
CuteBaby = napping.
Youngestboy = at school for another thirty minutes.
Twin Boys = with dad at meeting with mentor teacher.

Me? Diet Coke, blogs, blinders on so as to not notice the scattered debris on the floor.

Oh, that silence also means one more thing: the laundry is finished and a better housewife would jump up and go fold it.

I am not that housewife. I must enjoy this quiet while I can.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

You go girl! Just relax while you can!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

My clean, unfolded laundry is sullendly brooding in my bedroom, and I too, do not care!

Moms-2
Laundry-0

9:32 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Laundry can be folder in 3 minute increments if necessary, relaxing can not. Savor the moment.

11:52 PM  
Blogger blueyedtracy said...

Your post reminded me that I have laundry in the dryer to be folded! I realized last night. . . I go to a bible study regularly, but I ususally don't get around to the homework. My motivation for continuing to go?? Getting out of the house and just sitting for a few hours without hearing "mommy!"

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the bliss... it only visits every now and then, and must be relished for every moment you can make it linger.

9:18 AM  
Blogger The Catharine Chronicles said...

Shhhh.... be vewy, vewy quiet...

Enjoy, Mel.

~CA~

12:20 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

If it's a white load, you can leave it there for a week!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares