Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Go, Read, Greet

Recently, Dale (from Tales From the Wayside) emailed me, asking me how I managed to get people to read my blog. I told him a few things (like the importance of blogrolls, commenting, even using Blogexplosion occasionally). I don't have 40,000 readers day like some people. And a lot of people find me accidentally because I have the word "photo" in my title. But Gina over at Just Another Day called me her Fairy Blog Mother, and Dale thought maybe I had a magic wand, I guess.

Alas, no such luck.

But I love how some of you found others of you through my blog (you know who you are). For instance, finding comments from Cuppa on Wash Lady's blog delights me. So, knowing how kind and supportive you are, I'm asking that you go and visit Dale's blog. Give yourself some time, though, because Dale is not just a blogger, but a short-story writer.

Here's how Dale describes himself: "I am a 42 year old child of Minnesota who has spent the last 27 years living in the deserts of Phoenix, AZ. I have been married for 17 years (last March) to a woman who is playful as a kitten, possesses exceptional intelligence and so much a part of me I don?t know where I leave off and she begins. I have two dogs, one of which is an intense, serious and dedicated border collie-mix who attempts to herd flocks of pigeons and an Australian Shepard-mix who licks anything that can?t run away fast enough. I am a very large man who lives in a small house and drives a black miniature pickup (perfect color for the desert!)."

Go. Read. Greet.

Thanks.

5 Comments:

Blogger methatiam said...

I blush!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Do you ever wonder if having an audience is more curse than blessing? Sometimes I think I blogged better before I obtained the rather modest audience that now checks in periodically.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Cuppa said...

Thanks for sending me over to Dale's blog Mel. I sure had a good laugh. His posts are long, but oh so funny!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Funny stuff! I now am sure I'll never go to a gym! I'm glad you set that straight for me by sending me there!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Smoov said...

You should put me on your blog roll. Shame on you.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares