Saturday, February 19, 2005

Girls Just Wanna Have Sleep

11:45 p.m.
Turn off light. Drift to sleep to sound of husband's snores.

12:20 a.m.
Wake to husband's voice, "Dear! I think I hear TwinBoyB throwing up!" Stumble around, find robe, trudge downstairs to find TwinBoyB crying in his bed. He tells me he vomited in the toilet and "Mom, I don't want to have the stomach virus again!" I assure him he's not going to be that sick and say with a distinct lack of compassion, "Now, please don't wake up the whole house! If you are sick, go to the bathroom. Otherwise, sleep!"

1:00 a.m.
Finally return to dreamland.

3:20 a.m.
Realize I am awake and hearing Babygirl's pitiful cries, "Mom! Mom!" I snatch the robe and weave my way to her room, where I smell the stink of a full diaper. This can only mean the attack of the stomach virus continues. I change her and we sit and watch her favorite video together ("Shrek") for twenty minutes. Then I return her to bed. I also check on TwinBoyB. He is peacefully sleeping.

5:06 a.m.
I wake from a terrible dream in which our family was in Chicago. Babygirl began bleeding from all orifices and I was about to rush her to the dream world emergency room, when I realize she's calling me again. She was awake for the day.

I changed her again, gave her a drink, turned on the video and tried to doze in the chair. Every ten minutes she woke me to attempt to use the potty.

7:00 a.m.
We headed downstairs. The day officially began. Who needs sleep anyway?

4 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

That is a grim reminder of what is to come for me. Right now I can handle one kid waking up on occasion. When the next one comes, life will suddenly become fun! I do feel for you, as I have had those nights before, even with just my one. I'll pray for extended sleep time tonight!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I remember those days. They pass.

Sending up prayers for health, and sleep.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaah... the charmed life. I'm raying for healthy kids and restful nights to be in your future soon. God bless ya' lady.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Ugh!! I hate those kind of nights (and I only have one kid....well, 2 if you count a husband who is a big baby when he gets sick). I hope the kids are feeling better soon, that it doesn't spread to the rest of them, and that you get a good night's sleep.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares