Friday, February 18, 2005

Friday Night At the Movies

I don't recommend going to a movie on a Friday night at 7:00 p.m., mainly because everyone else in town goes to movies on Friday night at 7:00 p.m. I prefer Tuesday nights, which is when I'll have to see "Million Dollar Baby" or "Hotel Rawanda," which were my first choice movies for tonight. Instead, I saw "Hitch," which was passably amusing. I am trying to see all the movies nominated for "Best Picture." I still have three to go before February 27.

I noticed three teenagers at the movie theater tonight wearing flip-flops, ankle bracelets and capri pants. Spring has sprung, apparently, even though I didn't get the memo and wore my fleece pull-over and sneakers to the movies. The crocuses might be in full bloom, but frost covers the grass each morning lately. (I did notice that blossoms are about to burst forth on the trees, however--but I'm still not baring my ankles in public quite yet.)

I have to say I am now obsessed with checking out the web-cam in Hawaii (link a few posts down). Just in case you were wondering.

All my kids have some kind of low-grade virus--headaches, upset tummies. Nothing serious--just cranky kids. Babygirl was better today than yesterday, though, so I think she'll be completely well tomorrow. She asked to go to bed tonight at 7:30 p.m. I highly recommend having your challenging kids first and then wrapping up your parenting with an easy, compliant child.

Yesterday, I had a grand total of nine children in my house at one time. And I wasn't throwing a party, either! I was babysitting three, two were neighbors and four were my own. The six boys played in the backyard. They set up forts and grabbed sticks for swords and Nerf guns with no ammunition and whooped and hollered and squinted in the sunshine and shivered in the shade.

Spring is good. Even if we can't figure out whether flip-flops or fleece is appropriate. Maybe flip-flops and fleece? Maybe flip-flops made from fleece?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

9?! You are a braver soul than I. I tip my hat to you.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares