Sunday, January 09, 2005

True Confessions

I hardly ever wash my face at night because I'm too tired by the time I go upstairs to bed. I sleep with mascara still on my lashes. I have no skin care regimen, even though I've had the same face for almost 40 years. I wear my contact lenses longer than I should each day.

I have the same jeans I wore in college because I refuse to believe that they will not fit again some day.

The other day, at Michael's (the craft store), I tried to shop in the clearance aisle, but a woman in a gigantic wheelchair was blocking the whole aisle. I went around and came in through the other end of the aisle and she moved and blocked me again. I actually rolled my eyes at her and I think I may have let an audible sigh of exasperation escape my lips.

I have been known to change my mind about an item in a store and have left it on a random shelf. Sometimes, I don't return my shopping cart.

I did not have my first kiss until I was a college freshman.

Sometimes, I'll pretend I don't see someone in a store so I don't have to chat. I pretend I'm invisible.

I say to my kids, "Because I said so!" and "You are driving me crazy!" I yell more than I ever anticipated in my pre-motherhood days.

I'd rather read than go to a party.

I judge people by their grammar, both verbal and written.

I am avoiding my transcription job and my laundry.

Every once in awhile, I say something outrageous just to get a reaction from people.

I feel guilty about my broken relationship with my ex-sister, but I can't figure out how to mend it without apologizing, but I can't figure out what I would be apologizing for.

I regret going to Bible College and wish I'd just gotten a real degree in nursing, instead.

I quit taking art and music in high school because I was terrified I'd get a "B" in those classes because they are subjective.

I hide chocolate.

I emailed my arch enemy from college, a girl I caught talking behind my back. I wondered how she was doing and I was all friendly. I ignored her when she asked how I found her email address--just to drive her crazy. Turns out, she's divorced and a small, sinful part of me thought, "Good! Serves you right!"

Now. Anyone have anything to confess?

10 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

"Sometimes, I'll pretend I don't see someone in a store so I don't have to chat. I pretend I'm invisible."

I do this from time to time. I know the other person is doing it and s/he knows that I am doing it. You just don't always want to stop to chat in the grocery store.

Someday, I may try one of these listy types of blogs that you have just done so well. My daughter does one from time to time, and I have read other good ones too, but lists aren't my natural style.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

every once in a while, when the teacher's not looking, i'll let my eyes slip to the paper next to me during a test when i'm confused at a question. i don't really know why i do it. it's not that i really copy, because usually the person got the wrong answer and i'll figure out the right one a minute later. i guess i just like to give myself a boost of confidence.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I confess that I hide Mallamar cookies in the drawer next to my bed. I purposely don't answer the phone when my MIL calls. I have been know to fake a back ache just to get out of doing housework. *Whew* I feel better now. Thanks for the opportunity to clear my conscience. :)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

I don't wash my face at night, either. And everyone seems to comment about my great skin, so I figure its working. (I'm 41).

I don't like to be naked and I don't look at myself when I'm naked (which is when I take a shower).

7:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LIKE THIS TRUE CONFESSIONS.

WHEN MY GIRLS WERE KIDS. I WOULD GO SHOPPING AND BUY THEM COOKIES. BUT THE COOKIES WOULD DISAPEAR WAY BEFORE THEY EVER GOT INTO THE COOKIE JAR. AS THEY GOT OLDER I STARTED HIDING THE COOKIES IN THE JAR. NO ONE EVER THOUGHT TO LOOK THERE AFTER I SHOPPED. HAHA. HOPE THEY DONT READ THIS.

3:18 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

This was a fun post to read since we've all got our deep, dark secrets to hide. Mine?

I love my husband and kids very much, but really wish I had waited and finished college and then married.

When I get Red Hot potato chips I hide them from my son because I want them all for me.

I really do like brussel sprouts.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Eyes for Lies said...

Yikes -- my grammar must kill me then. I certainly don't think it defines me but so be it :)

Confessions? I judge people when they lie to themselves. It drives me nuts!! :)

9:18 AM  
Blogger elswhere said...

I was home sick today and should have taken a nap but I read blogs instead.

I ate almost all of my daughter's Halloween candy and she hasn't noticed yet.

Hey, this is fun!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Misreflection said...

Yes an illicit sort of love affair that started but never really happened if that makes any sense. A whole year has passed and the feelings are exactly as they were then ,for me that is...trying to understand why.

12:32 PM  
Blogger ilovecheese said...

Yeah i do that too.when i feel unsociable,just dont feel like acknowledging any acquaintance!
i dont like chatting to people most of the time, but i love it when my friends call me out of the blue!
Secret-my bf and i have had sex long time ago, but i have given my mom the impression we haven't or wont, till we get married!!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares