Monday, January 03, 2005

The Ice Age

Here in the Pacific Northwest, winter brings rain. My yellow daisy-like flowers are still blooming in the pot on my sidewalk. The pansy occasionally shoots up a purple bloom. The hyacinth bulb is sending up greenery. And so, just when I think spring should arrive--after all, the weeds are actually growing--the temperature drops.

By our standards, last night was really cold, down into the twenties. My boys were delighted to find water turned into ice in the sandbox (filled with rainwater now). It was thick, too, and lasted through the day.

I hear there are rumors of snow on Thursday.

Okay. Fine. But after that, no more winter. I'm ready for spring.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Spring? Ready for spring? But we haven't even had winter yet!

hrumph.
I like snow.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Snow will be fun!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Brandie said...

Yeah. The ice that hit you is about to hit me! I can't wait ... I wish it would have stayed by you! LOL!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares