Monday, December 27, 2004

My Eye is On Fire!

Yesterday morning, Babygirl stood on the bathroom counter, chattering away, while I was blearily getting ready. After I shower, I follow the same routine each morning. First, put in contact lenses. Second, brush teeth. Third, put on deodorant. I don't think. I just keep moving. (Usually because I am late.)

Yesterday morning, apparently Babygirl distracted me (I like to blame other people for my mistakes) and I grabbed the wrong bottle of contact lense solution, the one with bold yellow print that says, "DO NOT PLACE DIRECTLY IN EYE." Then, I rinsed my lens with it and placed it directly in my eye, at which point my eye spontaneously combusted and I had to pry it open to remove the on-fire lens. Babygirl said, "What happened?"

I was holding my eye open with one hand and frantically splashing water onto it with the other. Babygirl repeated, "What happened?"

I know I said you could recognize me by the circles under my eyes and the Babygirl with a finger plugged into her nose, but as it turns out, you would have spotted me if you just looked for the woman wearing glasses over one flaming red eye.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eyes for Lies said...

I hope your eye is okay....ouch!!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Mommy has an owie! I hope you did no lasting damage! Did you ever tell baby girl "what happened?"

9:45 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Sorry about your mishap, Mel.
Hope it feels better soon!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares