Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Mean Substitute Teacher

YoungestBoy returned to school today after two days of being home (questionably) sick. He coughed all night, but played all day and on those kind of days, Mommie Dearest inside wants to shoo him out the door with wire coat hangers, but Glenda the Good Witch waves her magic wand instead and lets him stay home.

Anyway, after school, I said, "Hey, how was your day?"

And he said, "Oh! We had a substitute, the meanest substitute ever!"

"She was mean?" I said, "What did she do?"

He said, "Yes, she gave us second-grade work."

I said, "Like what?"

And he said, "She made us spell the word electrifying on our spelling test!"

I stopped. "She did?" I said, "Your words should have been fun, sun, run, at, be!"

He said, "Mom! I'm just kidding!" And then he grinned.

Drat. I fall for it every single time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

smart kid!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

He is adorable...

~Tina

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares