Tuesday, June 22, 2004

"I'm Bored"

This is the first Tuesday of summer vacation. It's 2:48 p.m. and already, TwinBoyB sat on the couch and said "I'm bored."

Then it's working.

My strategy this week is to let them do whatever they want to do. To not interfere in the endless hours of Nintendo and Gameboy and television. By next week, they will be so bored from it all that they will be putty in my hands.

Next week I will impose a little more structure. I have no grand schemes and dreams as in summers gone by when I thought I'd make them read a book a week and do a book report and practice their handwriting and learn the times tables. No. I have learned.

Summer flies by in approximately twenty minutes. I'm waiting until August to make them do the academic stuff the teachers sent home. We'll get to the library this week, because they read every night. They will be starting journals next week.

Other than that, I'm playing it by ear.

Meanwhile, I told the boys that it will cost them a quarter for each time they say "I'm bored." Be bored, but don't irritate me by telling me so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandie said...

Abigail gets a chore everytime she says she's bored! She's too poor to give me a quarter ;-)

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares