Sunday, June 13, 2004

Another Week Ends

Another week ends and here I sit, sore back, squinty eyes, stiff fingers. I accepted another transcription job, due Wednesday morning, which unfortunately, will dominate my spare time (also known as Nap-time and Bed-time). On one hand . . . ick. On the other hand . . . cash!

Yesterday, my dear husband worked from morning to night. After Babygirl's afternoon nap, the children and I walked down to the nearby elementary school. I just wanted to get them out of the house. Babygirl had a fine time playing on the preschool play structure. She appears to love slides as much as YoungestBoy loved swings when he was her age. I sure hope she prefers slides to swings, because I hate pushing swings. I know. No Mother of the Year Award for me.

Today, my dear husband had to work most of the day again. The boys went to a birthday party at the pool and my husband came home just as they were leaving. He volunteered to stay home while Babygirl napped, so I could go to the party. I would have rather stayed home myself and enjoyed the nice quiet house, but I think he was even more tired than I was. I had a great time at the pool, despite my initial reluctance. A few of the other mothers and I chatted, I took a lot of photographs of the kids and the topic of scrapbooking came up. The other moms all admitted they were behind on their scrapbooks, too, and I suggested we all scrapbook together. Now I have email addresses and I'm going to set up a little "scrapbooking bee."

The boys were exhausted after the party. They woke up this morning before 6:00 a.m. because they wanted to play the video games I'd rented for them Saturday night. SLAM! Stomp, stomp, stomp, yell. SLAM! The rain and the slamming of the door disturbed my beauty sleep and I was none too pleased about that. I can't wait until they children are teenagers and they want to sleep until noon. I intend to vacuum very loudly outside their door and then I'll follow that up with loud banging of the pots and pans. Revenge will be sweet.

Finally. I saw a law firm building with the name of the firm displayed in large letters: "Small, Snell, Weiss and Comfort." I thought how fortunte Small and Comfort were to have Snell and Weiss join them, because really, would you hire a law firm called "Small, Comfort, Attorneys at Law"?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melodee loved this...
"I can't wait until they children are teenagers and they want to sleep until noon. I intend to vacuum very loudly outside their door and then I'll follow that up with loud banging of the pots and pans. Revenge will be sweet."

~~What a GREAT idea,lol...

Love the way your mind works; gotta remember this for when the toddlers are teens.

I've been thinking of taking a medical transcription course....seems like a great way to make some much needed extra cash. ~~Michelle

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares