Wednesday, June 02, 2004

The Fine Art of Complaining

Yesterday, I received a large envelope from Proctor & Gamble. Inside was a big, green envelope with a postage-paid return label on it and instructions to put the remaining product inside for examination.

Product? What product? The form letter added to my confusion. Then, I realized this was all about Secret. A few weeks back, I decided that my sticky underarms were just not satisfactory and that Secret's new "sheer dry" formula was to blame. So I emailed them and complained. "I've been using Secret since I was a sweaty teenager," I said, "and I hate your new formula. The original formula works, but not this improved formula."

They emailed me back, advising me of the correct way to use deodorant. I ignored the condescending tone and gave my address as requested. That's why I received the envelope yesterday, the coupon for a free deodorant and the request to return the old deodorant (which fortuntately, was still in the corner of the bathroom shelf).

So, hooray for Proctor & Gamble. Though, I remember an old urban legend from when I was a teenager about how Satan controlled the company and you could tell this by looking at the configuration of stars on the toothpaste tube. Look here. It wasn't just my imagination!

I have an unexpected day "off" today without my daycare baby. He has a cold and his mother stayed home with him. I spent the morning sorting through toys. I have a big, black trash bag ready for Goodwill.

The sunshine has returned. Blue sky, warm air. Too bad the kids still have two weeks of school. I am so finished hounding them about homework and caring about spelling words. But don't tell them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never think to complain about products...I will have to give that a try.

My elementary aged girls have two weeks left of school too...but they don't have homework in June. I love that...it is like a break before the break.

~Tina

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parents Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares